I have recently entered my first global wedding photography competition. Wedding photographers from all over the world have submitted their work and judge by top wedding photographers in the planet.
Incredible out of 2,600 Wedding Photographers in the world who took part in this contest,
I'm one of the TOP 50 Photographers who won and got the highest scores in the 2014 Worldwide Wedding Photographer's Contest!
Thank you God for the vision and the blessings! To my inspiration, strength & my lovely fiancee Ma-anne Roque we did it! = )
I'm listed at mywed.com as one of Best Wedding Photographers.
You can find the lists of the winners here: mywed.com/winners
So grateful for being a part of DPP - Digital Photographer Philippines Magazine 50th Issues and contributed 2 amazing magazine covers from it. ,(see in red)
I got to admit that DPP Forum/Magazine helped me in so many ways in improving, promoting my craft, and find my niche/vision in photography. DPP opened many opportunities for me to go places not only locally but also international scenes. So if your looking for a starting platform to push/showcase your craft in photography. Go with the best! ---- Start here: http://www.digitalphotographer.com.ph/
Digital Photographer Philippines & KLM :10 Reasons to Love Intramuros Shootout I On Assignment Europe
I'm all set to go for the DPP/KLM INTRAMUROS shootout. Wish me luck! = )
To photograph the ancient walled city of INTRAMUROS like a travel piece for the LONELY PLANET magazine.
This Mission will replicate your responsibilities as a Lonely Planet travel photographer in Holland.
Your theme is called:
10 Reasons to Love Intramuros
Mission Details are
1. To take 12 Photos of Intramuros
-One Photo will be used as a COVER
-One Photo will be used as an OPENING SPREAD
-The other 10 Photos will be used to fill in the slots in the attached
- You should research, and open your eyes, and show us those Reasons to Love Intramuros.
2. You will be required to describe your photos like in a Travel Log. Each Log should have a Title. This is not a writing or grammar contest so you will not be judged on your writing skills nor your grammar. However, any good travel photographer is a good note taker. You have to be good note take and someone who can describe your photos and scenes. Remember, that this ON ASSIGNMENT is NOT just about taking photos in Holland. Your notes will be transcribed into a feature article for the Lonely Planet along with your photos. During your trip, you will also be asked to blog daily to DPP and to KLM's Facebook, that's why maintaining a travel log is a very serious component of this Mission.
3. We have secured permits to photograph INTRAMUROS the full day this coming Saturday, September 10. You will then have to turn over all your photographs to DPP no later than Tuesday, Sept 13 by 12:00 noon. Feel free to post process your photos, but when you do be reminded that you are shooting for the country's premier travel magazine and the most recognized travel name in the World. Process appropriately. We will leave it up to you to interpret what I just wrote, but do note that post processing may help or hurt your chances on this Mission.
4. Judging will be done jointly by KLM and DPP. KLM will also post the photographers' album on their Facebook page for the online judging component. Photographers will be given extra points for the number of LIKES that they get, although this component will only be a very minor part of the judging (although every bit helps). Judging will be based comprehensively--on your interpretation, travel log, and photography skills. Once again, the photographer with the best photos won't get on this trip. The photographers who know how to combine their experience of a place with awesome imagery will be the ones who make it.
5. Criteria for Judging:
Cover Image- 25%
Titles and Log/Description- 25%
6. On Friday, September 16, we will announce the order of ranking from 6th to 1st. Photographers who rank 1st and 2nd will go ON ASSIGNMENT.
Source Link: http://www.digitalphotographer.com.ph/forum/showthread.php?t=42728
THE KLM ON ASSIGNMENT OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE WINNERS.
Awarding of the Ipad 2 prizes
Awarding of the Sony Nex 5N Camera from Sony.
Here's the link: http://littratista.tumblr.com/post/6864304719?ref=nf
Digital Photographer Philippines 5th Anniversary Photo Contest for LIVE JUDGING (Portraiture Division) By: Joel H. Garcia
Thank you to Digital Photographer Philippines & to the Judges (Tom Epperson, Doc Marlon Pecjo, Pilar Tuason, Raymund Isaac, Jay Tablante & Manny Librodo) for giving me 93.8 winning score for my entry in Portraiture Division Theme " BEAUTIFUL GIRL".
Awarding the X Book & a ticket for A High End Fashion Workshop under Xander Angeles.
(Special Thanks to my Fiancée Ma-anne Roque for this photograph)
Thanks to the judges for putting this Winning 93.8 Score under my portraiture entry "BEAUTIFUL GIRL" Theme.
High Fashion Photographer - Doc Marlon Pecjo while judging my entry.
Me and Artist/ Model Ms. Kharu Jazmin & the Legendary Manny Librodo.
JHG Blog for Wedding, Event & Portraiture Photography.